Friday, April 23, 2010

Breathing Trouble

Jac spent most of last night coughing his poor lungs up and barely slept. Mom said he was up at 2am so she let him sit with her in the den. Zac and I brought him to the doctor to find out what's wrong with him. He was hooked up to an oxygen machine and we waited about an hour for a diagnosis. They "thought" he was having an asthma attack, so we had to go to the ER. We were in the hospital a few hours with him while they gave him more oxygen, but nothing was helping him. His oxygen level was about 89 when normal levels are 95-100. I hate seeing my baby hooked up to machines. The IV was so difficult to watch. It's not official, but we were told to treat it like asthma. Nobody believes me that his tonsils are abnormally huge. He was finally allowed to eat after about 18 hours, so he requested a cheeseburger. I hope we can leave tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment