Thursday, February 18, 2016

Hearts, chocolates, and flowers

The month of February has been going by and I haven't had a minute to sit and write down all the things I meant to write about.


Leah was baptized on Valentine's Day. She didn't even cry after being submerged, though she said she had been practicing going underwater while in the bathtub. Dad cried, which I guess is a good thing. The last time he cried was probably when I was Leah's age and he was in the hospital after having his first heart-attack.


Mardi Gras was celebrated a day late and so far away from Louisiana this year, much to our disappointment. No parades, no beads. It was shared with Elias' sixth month of being with us as well as National Pizza Day. I did manage to make my own king cake with the help of ready-to-bake cinnamon rolls and food coloring on sugar. Zac even made a fantastic gumbo for the first time. Getting that roux right was tough, but he nailed it.

comedy/tragedy pizza faces

Elias had his last round of vaccinations until August, so he was feeling a little crabby, but snuggly. He's discovered a love of water and splashing, so on his days where he is hard to comfort, we just let him splash in some water, be it the sink or bath tub.


As a late Valentine, Zac surprised me with a trip to La Brioche in Jackson to pick out some macarons. It was such a cozy patisserie! All the coffee and cookies and ice cream. The macarons are by far my favorite, especially the strawberry and lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment