Wednesday, September 6, 2017

September Stuff

Thanks to Hurricane Irma, the weather has been super autumn-y and wonderful, though I am totally feeling the stress and worry all those affected people are going through.

My big kids started school! Officially a 6th and 3rd grader. I'm slowly introducing Elias to preschool, but won't be starting to teach him until next year. He knows a few colors and shapes, though.


Sunday, we skipped church and went to the park near the house. The age-appropriate areas of Big Kid park and Little Kid park aren't too far away from each other. I sent Zac off with the big kids while Elias and I played on the swings. Off topic: I think it's creepy for grandpas to flirt with young moms at the playground in front of their grandchildren. After playing, we stopped by Bops for some frozen treats (and a cookie for Elias because him screaming "A GOOKIE!!!" over and over again is a treat in itself).


Monday, Zac was off for Labor Day, so we hung around at home. I pulled out most of my Halloween decor, though I haven't started decorating yet. This is the only time of year where I'm not considered crazy for having orange leaves and pumpkins scattered around the house (even at Christmas). Halloween stuff, however, is temporary.

Tuesday, I brought Zac to work and left the big kids with him so I could take Elias to the clinic. His left lymph node in his neck was super swollen for no reason. After some tests, all was clear. According to Dr. Y, he was just having a delayed reaction to his rash last week. White blood cell count was normal, so no signs of infection. We left in time to catch Zac's lunch break. I picked up my big kids, dropped Zac off, and we headed to a playground in Madison to meet up with the homeschool group. All was going well, in spite of the atrocious heat, until Leah made a decision to run up a slide and bust her lip open. Blood everywhere, abundant screaming, and we called it a day. I told Elizabeth (the homeschool "leader") we would try again next time. Oh well. Leah is fine, now. I think sweat was making the wound much more worse than it was. All teeth are in tact, no stitches, and no worries.


Tonight is the first Wednesday of the month, so the children's church group meets somewhere to socialize. We picked Sonic's this time, but I'm thinking Chik-Fil-A next time. Sonic's has too much sand. The kids love it, but I hate finding it in the car, the washing machine, the bath tub, the carpet, my bed, in the fridge (right?), and everywhere else. I decided I didn't want to live at the beach for the very same reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment