Wednesday, February 7, 2018

28 days hath February

Jena stayed with us over the weekend. She brought a king cake and we watched about five seasons of Friends. This year marks 30 years of friendship and we've decided to get symbolic tattoos at some point in the next few months. I've also decided on a tattoo for Emily, and would like to go ahead and get Elias', as well as the Deathly Hallows. Lots of fun inking to procure this year.


The kiddos are about halfway through the school year and I've started pricing next year's curriculum. I'm having a hard time accepting my eldest will be in the 7th grade this year (insert ugly-cry emoji here) and my baby is creeping out from toddlerhood. Jac and Leah have started reading more in their free time, much to my delight. I've had enough of the video game obsession, which has now been fully embraced by Elias. All day long, "Mayocot!" which roughly translates to Mario Kart. He doesn't exactly play the game, but he'll watch the cars go via automatic acceleration. He likes books, as well, and has started quoting The Gruffalo and Room on the Broom, both of which are his favorites. A while back I purchased some classics from Target's clearance section for about $1 each, so Jac has already read Anne of Green Gables, The Time Machine, and Treasure Island. Leah has read Legend of Sleepy Hollow, and is working on Little Women. They're broken down so young children can read them and get the plot of the story without getting distracted by too many large words.

Work has been slow, so I've been home more. I finally got around to putting pictures of the kids around the house and getting rid of more stuff. Alex is giving me Emily's car, so I'm going to try to turn in the paperwork early next week, as well as file our taxes. So many adult chores to accomplish. But at least I crocheted a bunch of macarons, right? #productive

No comments:

Post a Comment