Friday, February 7, 2020

February

It's been a while since I've been in here... Honestly, I've been tired. Not like "oh it's been a long day I'm exhausted", but like... I haven't slept more than maybe three hours a night for the past three weeks.

We're dogsitting for a friend. Something I immediately regretted agreeing to the next day. They picked up one dog, but left the other, so we're stuck with a big, loud, clumsy dog until they can take him when they get their new place. I'm frustrated and tired. He barks most of the night. I don't know what he's barking at. He just barks... and keeps barking. He barks right outside our bedroom window and the baby is still in our room, so when Dog barks, Cole wakes up, then I have to wake up to get Cole back to sleep (usually by nursing until he settles down) and then it starts again. It's been like this basically three weeks straight. Earlier this week, I was up most of the night, only to wake up on Monday morning to an unhappy and tired Cole and zero coffee. Said Dog is also destroying my yard by digging holes. There are seven now. It's been raining, so I've got puddles throughout the yard where water has collected in the holes. He's torn up the trampoline pad, the grill cover, my garden, and basically chews anything that accidentally gets left outside to bits. My kids can't go outside because Dog is big and jumps and he's started snapping at Ruby. I'm really hoping the friend takes her dog this week. I want my yard back and I want to clean my back door window because Dog has completely messed it up with mud. I wonder if maybe it's better that I can't see outside so I can't see how much destruction is done.

I'm just tired. Tired of not sleeping, not having energy during the day, tired of a fussy baby who isn't getting enough sleep, tired of coffee not working.

End rant. Hopefully my next entry is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment