Saturday, July 9, 2011

Christina's Baby Shower

I've been in Louisiana with my trio since yesterday. The kids enjoyed their new matching booster seats (thanks to Mom) and I listened to Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix via audio book (I'm addicted!). I hope to finish listening to the rest of the books before Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 comes out. The kids have been awesome tonight, aside from some jumping on the air mattress.


I drove to Pearl River for Christina's baby shower. I can't believe she's pregnant! It's just crazy. It's also crazy to go back in the town where I grew up. Everything looked so different... I stayed after the shower to help clean up and spend time with Christina. The church even looked familiar, but smaller. I was 11 or 12 the last time I was there.


After the shower, I decided to drive past the house I grew up in. It doesn't look the same. I even saw the tree I climbed, the blackberry patches I picked from, and the path where I rode my bike. I had so many childhood flashbacks of running down the street in the summer to get to Daina's house while trying to avoid blisters from the steaming street. Nostalgia galore.

I drove back to Covington and Fallyn went with me to Blockbuster to rent Red Riding Hood. I bought the kids a Mario and Peach go-kart figure to play with. They've been racing them back and forth in Sean's hallway.

-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment