Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Traded my sanity for more space

Last week was probably the busiest I've been in a very long time. Maybe years? I don't even know. I'm exhausted, to say the least.


What's been going on, you ask? Let me tell you:

As I've mentioned in earlier posts, we live with my parents to take care of Dad. The house we've been living in wasn't big enough (spaces were invaded, hips were bumped against, and noise was too close for comfort) and Mom was considering moving us to a larger home, yadda yadda yadda. My brother and his wife (who had been living in my parents' previous home) wanted to live in town (they like the schools better). So, crazy idea, we switched houses. We moved on Elias' first birthday, which put me in a pissy mood, to put it nicely, but we went out and celebrated with pancakes at Cracker Barrel.


Oh, we have a cat, too. He was found abandoned at a gas station, hiding under a car. I brought him to the vet and he's estimated to be six weeks old. A possible Independence Day kitten. I wanted to name him Loki, but the kids voted against me so his name is Figaro (Fig) Newton. He's so sweet, not even afraid of the pups. My kiddos are absolutely smitten and neither are showing signs of allergies.

No comments:

Post a Comment