Monday, January 1, 2018

2018 - A year in review: 2017

1. What did you do in 2017 that you'd never done before?
*Bought a house.

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for next year?
*I didn't make any. Hard to say if I'll make one for next year. Maybe.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
*No.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
*Emily.

5. What countries did you visit?
*None.

6. What would you like to have in 2018 that you lacked in 2017?
*Honestly, I want my sister back.

7. What events from 2017 will remain etched upon your memory?
*Emily's suicide.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
*We bought a house.

9. What was your biggest failure?
*That's a very big question.

10. Did you suffer an illness or injury?
*Does grief count?

11. What was the best thing you bought?
*We did a lot of fun things in 2017. I guess the house is the best thing.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
*I'm really not sure.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
*Um... well.

14. Where did most of your money go?
*The house.

15. What did you get really excited about?
*We took the kids ice skating for the first time.

16. What song will always remind you of 2017?
*I honestly can't think of a song.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
-Happier or sadder? So much sadder.
-Thinner or fatter? Thinner, maybe?

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
*Spent time with Emily.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
*Fuss at the kids.

20. How did you spent Christmas?
*Jena and Alex spent Christmas with us. It was nice.

21. Did you fall in love in 2017?
*I'm already in love.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
*I watched a lot of The Mindy Project.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
*Not that I can think of.

24. What was the best book you read?
*I'm drawing a blank.

25. What was your favorite musical discovery?
*Lana Del Rey.

26. What did you want and get?
*A house.

27. What did you want and not get?
*I'm not sure.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
*Jumanji was pretty good. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and Thor: Ragnarok

29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
*Emily came over and brought me a snow globe. I was 34.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
*If Emily hadn't killed herself.

31.How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2017?
*Comfortable.

32. What kept you sane?
*My kids. Zac. Friends.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
*Shirley Manson.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
*I'm trying to avoid politics.

35. Who do you miss?
*Emily. So so so much.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
*The homeschool group wasn't too shabby.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2017.
*Fun stuff costs money.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
*"The trick is to keep breathing."

No comments:

Post a Comment