Tuesday, January 2, 2018

New Year, Who Dis?

I'm getting back into my old routine of making breakfast and dinner, keeping the house cleaned up and enjoying these last few days of no-teaching and being off work for a few days. It's a little relaxing, a little boring, and a little I'm-not-sure-what-to-do-with-myself. Normally, Emily would come over and she would have black coffee and puff on her vape while we talked about life and movies and watched YouTube videos. I miss her the most when my brain doesn't have anything else to think about. I'm going to focus on some hobbies this year and I've deactivated my Facebook account because I can't let my grief consume me. I'm planning to get the kids more involved with their own hobbies and spend more time outside. Not today, though. It's 20 degrees. Eff that.

I baked some Betty Crocker sugar cookies with the kiddos for New Year's. We were supposed to bake them on Christmas Eve, but I ended up working until 10pm, so that was a no-go. They turned out cute and delicious, even though the shapes were eaten too fast to grab a picture first. Either way, they were yum.


Dear, 2018, please don't be a shit like 2016 and 2017. 

No comments:

Post a Comment