Sunday, April 1, 2018

Easter 2018

I woke up around 6:30 this morning. I was craving lasagna, so luckily we had some leftover from last night's dinner. The Easter Bunny hid eggs around our almost-overgrown backyard while I woke the kids up to get them dressed and ready for church. Three baskets of candy awaited them in the kitchen, so they ate chocolate for breakfast and we headed to church. 


I sang in the cantata (no solos) and giggled over how the older ladies discussed not farting in front of their husbands, even after 30 years of marriage. We drove to my parents' and visited with Dad for a bit. I gave him a small basket of candies to cheer him up since he's been grieving Emily a little more this week. She hated all things Easter because Jesus being crucified always made her upset. Dad's looking a little strange now that the right side of his face doesn't work. His eye is irritated and his mouth droops a bit. There's also a sunken spot by his ear where the tumor was removed. I feel sad for him. He's just been through so much in a year. He's looking forward to our New Orleans trip this weekend, though! He usually hates going out of town, but he's actually excited about eating seafood and going to the aquarium. I'm really hoping he has fun. I just want to eat all the beignets and catfish.

Mike and Ashley came over for dinner and we sat around daydreaming of life in the mountains with cottages and gardens, mountains, and waterfalls. One day, that would be quite the life. The kids played really well together. I think their boys liked our trampoline almost as much as Mike did. Leah was bounced so high, it was all she talked about for an hour, haha. We're planning to go visit them after we get back from New Orleans because Mike mentioned he makes really great homemade General Tso chicken, while Ashley was bragging about how amazing her steak fajitas are. We will just have to see which one is better.

I've got an appointment with the clinic on Tuesday, then I can see if Dr. W (he delivered Elias) will take me on as a patient again. He was so awesome last time, so hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment