Friday, August 28, 2020

Hm.

I contacted the funeral home that dealt with Emily's ashes and wanted to see when I could bring Dad's and get my urn finished. Unfortunately, they changed their policy because they accidentally broke someone's urn and had to pay to replace it, so they no longer accept outside containers. Lovely. I did some mental debating with myself and decided I would fill it myself. I picked it because it looks like something he'd like and it was less than $20, and I wasn't about to spend $100 on an urn the funeral home provided. So, I did it. And it sucked so much. I had to keep telling myself it was just dust, not Dad, but it was definitely something I don't think I want to do again. When I got home, I settled him on his shelf with his things. I did notice, however, that Emily's is much lighter, so I wonder if I over-filled or if they didn't put enough in hers... I dunno. It doesn't really matter, does it? I told Zac I probably just have Emily's middle finger. But that's all done. I even put some of Dad's ashes in Karen's necklace she picked out, even though I was reluctant for two reasons: 1. it's a very small opening and maybe holds a pinch. 2. She hasn't spoken to me since January and has basically "disowned" me because I'm friends with Krystal... go figure. Anyhoo, that's that. I'm sad and just want to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment