Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thanksgiving 2020

We spent most of the day cooking. I made a list of foods that sounded good, but it's so much work to make food. I told him we should order pizza for Christmas. Ha!

Anyway. Mom was supposed to come over, but she had to work, so it was just us. It was a relaxing, though busy, day. I'm so glad we're not going out of town this year. I know it can't be helped, but at the same time, I'm happy to be home. Plus, I'm not ready to leave the kittens home alone just yet. The kids watched the Macy parade on TV, we listened to Christmas music, and just enjoyed being home.

I'm truly thankful we haven't caught covid (yet, but hopefully ever). We know people who've had it and recovered, but also a few who died from it. It sucks and this year is a shitty one, but I'm thankful we've been lucky so far.

I'm thankful to have this little family. Thankful my house is messy because my kids are home, thankful the cats can't reach my tree, and thankful for a best friend/papa like Zac who loves his kids and me the way he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment