Friday, February 27, 2009

A Little Vent

I'm not superstitious, but if I was, I would think today was the 13th as I've had the worst luck since I woke up.

First of all, I had to go to Covington to get Zac's check and bring him lunch (happy to do it, by the way). Jac kept saying "Daddy get in, go bye bye" which made us both sad for him. I drove back to Slidell to deposit a check and get gasoline, but after about a dollar's worth of pumping the gas, the flow just stopped. I went to another pump to try again, but was told to see the attendant. I got Jac out of the car and talked to the attendant, finished pumping gas, and went to get back in the car to buckle Jac in, but the doors were locked. I had a minor freak-out, positive I locked the keys in the car. I checked my pockets and my purse, but I couldn't find them. I called Jena to see if she would stop by Mawmaw's to get the spare key and then I found my keys... in my purse... where I checked....

Jena met us at Walmart anyway, just to say hey while I shopped for some groceries. She was going to meet me back at the house, but ended up going to see her mom.

I packed up our bags for my parents' house, picked up Zac, and headed to Mississippi. The most frustrating thing that happens every time we take this trip is Mom texts and calls multiple times along the way to see where we are, if we left yet, how close, etc. It drives me crazy and I'm positive she knows this, which is why she does it anyway.

We arrived at Mom's and it was just a horrible visit. She nagged me to eat, then got mad when I wouldn't eat the instant potatoes or the frozen pizza. Payton kept bullying Jac. I was having false contractions most of the night and then Mom invited Carlton and Rachel and their kids to spend the night when there is no room in that house! They live 30 minutes away... And she kept complaining that there are too many people in her house. I get aggravated because I don't know why she invites us, then invites a sibling. She always says "I can't wait to see you and spend some quality time" and then she invites others to come over and gets too stressed out and irritable to enjoy the visit. I don't get it. Is she secretly psychotic? Lucky for me, she doesn't read my blog.

Vent Over.

No comments:

Post a Comment