Friday, November 1, 2013

Sometimes I miss Myspace

Everyone on social media is posting a 30-things-I'm-thankful-for-(while-I-bitch-the-rest-of-the-year) statuses. I'm assuming that since Thanksgiving falls in November and November contains 30 days, the Thankful Police announce their arrival with 30 days of useless information. I don't post Thankful Statuses because I'm thankful for things every day without condensing them all to one month.

I can offer a random "About me" since that seems to be floating around. I used to love filling those things out. Remember Myspace? Me neither, but there were lots of "surveys".


  • I was homeschooled for nearly my entire school-aged life.
  • I've never been able to keep my resolutions, except for Stop Smoking. I haven't had a cigarette in almost three years.
  • I taught myself to knit and crochet.
  • I can type 85 words per minute, but I type incorrectly. I memorized the keys while spending time in AOL chatrooms. I took a typing class, but couldn't break the habit.
  • I don't wear makeup. Occasionally I'll wear eyeliner, but nothing else.
  • Halloween and Christmas are my favorite holidays.
  • I'm a Daddy's Girl.
  • My name was going to be Vanessa. It means "butterfly". 
  • I've had 12 jobs since I was 17. Bath & Body Works is my longest employment of three years.
  • My initials make up my favorite things: Art, Music, Books, Crochet.
  • I've only had two boyfriends, Zac being one of them.
  • I used to have 14 piercings, but removed 9 of them.
  • I've known Jena more than 20 years.
  • Garbage is my favorite band. Their music helped me get through the dark parts of my adolescence.
  • My absolute favorite mixed drink is an amaretto sour.

No comments:

Post a Comment