Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Glucose Test

Since I didn't want to risk being unable to tolerate the glucose screening by drinking that horrible potion, I was told to eat a Big Mac and Coke. Well, because my appointment was for the morning during breakfast hours, I had to figure out how much sugar was in the glucose drink (75 grams!) then browse a few menu calculators to get something equivalent: Chik-Fil-A's chicken biscuit and a small Oreo milkshake. Nothing like chugging down a milkshake first thing in the morning, gag. My results were great. No signs of gestational diabetes and my iron levels are good, woo!

My ultrasound went well. The choroid plexus cysts dissolved, my placenta is in a good position (but I have a small placental lake that will be monitored), and Eli is growing right on target at 27 weeks, 3 days. The little squish wouldn't turn over, keeping his back to us the whole time with wiggly protests. I go back every two weeks now.


My friend Patty sent me four of the most awesome foxy paintings she created. I love them so much, but am keeping them wrapped until I can find a proper place to display them. One to represent each of my kiddos. Her talent is just amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment