Sunday, October 14, 2018

Baby Shower & Cat-free

Some people at the church threw me a cute baby shower for Bug. He's got so many diapers and tons of cute clothes. Earlier this week I had to call and correct his name from Christopher (not quite sure how that happened), but the cake still read "Nickolas" instead of "Nicolas" or "Cole", haha. It'll make for a good story, though.  It's getting closer to delivery time and as much as I feel ready to have him, I don't feel prepared to have him. I feel like there's so much more to do before he gets here. I don't even have a bag ready for the hospital. Hashtag stressed?


It was a bit of an emotional morning. We had been looking to re-home the cats for about a month now and finally found someone willing to take both of them... that is, until she backed out last minute after Zac had already put them in the car with all their supplies this afternoon. He drove around for a while trying to figure out what to do, but all the no-kill shelters were full and PetsMart couldn't take them. Once the shower was over, Mom texted a co-worker friend, Marcie, about the situation. It didn't take much convincing, but Marcie said she'd take them. I gave Zac the address and we drove to Crystal Springs to drop them off. Marcie lives on a large farm with goats, pigs, dogs, and cats. She also has three boys around Leah's age and younger. I think the kids feel closure seeing where the cats will be living. They said their goodbyes and we headed back home. I feel relieved, partially for mine and the boys' allergies, but also because they didn't have to go to a shelter. I think the kids are going to be alright, too. One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment