Friday, October 19, 2018

Cupcakes & Bonfire

Now that Jac is in the youth (I know, little man is now big man), he was invited to a bonfire this evening. Zac went with him for some quality time and they enjoyed sodas and s'mores and spooky stories. One of which was "If you were alone in your house, but you heard a fart, would you be afraid or laugh?" Hmmmmmm...... They had such a fun time, though. I'm glad Jac is branching off a little bit and experiencing some social activities outside his comfort zone.


I took my younger two out to Party City and bought Elias a much-begged-for Chase costume from Paw Patrol. He loved it, but we'll get to that in a moment. We weren't hungry, so I brought them to GiGi's Cupcakes and let them each pick a treat. Leah chose S'mores to make up for missing the bonfire, Elias chose Double Stuffed, which was basically Oreo, and I picked Wedding Cake, which was only slightly disappointing in that it tasted primarily of vanilla.


We came home to get Elias in the bed so Leah and I could watch Hocus Pocus, but he was super hyper from eating a lot of frosting, so Leah baked a pizza for us and I managed to get him to sleep right before Zac and Jac got home. Oh yeah, about the costume... I had Elias try on the Chase suit and if there was a worse meltdown from any of my kids, this one surely topped it. It started with putting the hat on his head, then convincing him to just TRY ON the goddamned body suit, to him just standing there in tears telling me, "I just don't like it! I don't like Paw Patrol, Mom... I just don't like it..." So, I told him I'd take his picture to show Papa, then he could take it off. In spite of the pitiful tears, he's absolutely precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment