Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Cupcakes and Candy

Happy Halloween!

Over the weekend, we went to Walmart for our traditional Octoberfeast supplies (I need to add Zac's homemade macaroni recipe) and the kiddos were invited to decorate their own cupcakes in the bakery. Free cupcakes! Who can say no, right? They iced and sprinkled and topped with a trinket and Prego-brain forgot to take a picture of finished products before they were gobbled. Oh well.


Trick-or-Treating was moved to the 30th because the weather was "supposed to be rainy". I'm too uncomfortable to walk around much, so Zac took the three kiddos while I sat outside and handed out candy. The kids scored big time this year. I told them we aren't buying ANY sweets whatsoever until it's all completely gone. When I was younger, Emily and I would pool our candy and divide it evenly and give any extras to our parents. I do the same with their buckets. Elias can't have gum or Tootsie Rolls, so the big kids get those and he gets extra chocolates or lollipops. Zac and I get what's leftover.


It's a bittersweet Halloween this year. My previous pregnancy's due date was today, so it's crazy to think I'd have a tiny baby already. This was also the last holiday with Emily - the last Firsts-Without-Her on the calendar and then maybe that knot in my throat will be easier to swallow when I think about how much I miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment