Monday, November 5, 2018

35

I haven't celebrated my birthday in a manner that warrants a lot of attention since I was a teenager, so my birthdays come and go without them being a big deal to me (though, the kiddos want it to be special). I'm sure there are others who have what look like First Birthday photo shoots, complete with their own smash cakes and tutus, but I don't see the point as an adult. However, this year marks the first birthday without my sister sending me a text or stopping by to visit for a little while, usually with a gifted snow globe and a hug. Hers is the only text I'm truly sad to not receive this year, though my few friends who knew of my birthday did send messages of well-wishes. This is also the last birthday as a mother of three kiddos before a fourth and final baby joins us. It's special in its own way. Also, 35...? When I was younger, that was old lady age, but now that I'm here, it really doesn't feel old at all.


Zac made breakfast foods and surprised me with a carrot cake and macarons, so I spent the evening snuggling my babes and feeling lucky and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment