Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Ultrasound and Ultra Annoying

I made the long drive with the kiddos to go to the doctor and get Bug's measurements and an ultrasound. When I went to the back room, I mentioned to the tech that the big kids wanted me to take a video to show them since they don't ever go back with me in the room. She invited them back and started scanning. He's measuring about 18 inches long and weighing around five pounds so far. She predicts he'll be about seven pounds by term. While she was scanning, the kiddos were asking her questions about the different parts on the monitor, so she decided to flip it to the 3D mode and printed out some oh-so-cute pictures of his face. He wouldn't hold still long, but this little one looks almost exactly like Elias.


Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along: 36 weeks, 1 day
Size of baby: Papaya!
Total weight gain/loss: Gained 39 pounds so far.
Maternity clothes: Just shirts with leggings.
Gender: Still a boy.
Movement: So much that I can't sleep at night.
Cravings: Ice, cold things.
Symptoms: Aches and pains, tired.
Best moment this week: Seeing his sweet little squishy face.

After the appointment, I headed to Pip to pick up Zac's last check in order to deposit it. Which reminds me, I forgot to mention my lovely man got himself a new job that's closer to home. He started Monday and so far, really enjoys it. He's been able to come home for lunch and hang out with us. We're most likely going to stay in Mississippi a little longer, though the company has a location in Tennessee and in Louisiana, so he could put in for a transfer eventually when we're ready to move.

Now, about the annoying part:

I picked up the check and decided to head to Target to see if any plush elves on the shelf were available yet because I wanted to get one for Bug, as well as look at gifts for Zac. No luck yet, but the Halloween candy was 90% off, so I bought some treats. It was when we reached the car that I remembered I attached my keys to the diaper bag and last minute decided to leave the diaper bag in the car and only carry in my clutch. Yaaaay. Zac still had another hour to work, so I walked the kids down to PetsMart to look at fish and price the dog collars and ended up buying some clearance dog treats. We headed back toward Target and the kids were complaining of being hungry, so we crossed the parking lot in the misty rain to get to McDonald's. I'm surprised my hips held up because after ordering some food and sitting down, I felt like my bones turned to slush. But, another adventure for the book. Zac made it in time to eat with us before bringing me back to my car. We even made it to church on time. I'm glad Elias' training pants managed to keep him dry as long as they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment