Monday, November 26, 2018

False alarm # 2

So yesterday, I was having some mild contractions that were coming every 7-10 minutes, relatively consistent. I got up and walked around and they would stop for a while. Mom invited us over to her house to hang out for a bit, so we drove over and were deciding what to do for dinner. The vote was unanimous for Popeyes, so Zac ordered it. Meanwhile, my contractions were coming back, but every 5-7 minutes with added pelvic pain and pressure. After about 15 consecutive contractions with some lower back pain, I decided to call my OB. Luckily, he was on-call for himself, so I told him what was going on and he told me to come get checked out. I left the kids with Mom, and Zac drove me to the hospital. I made a joke with Zac that it was a good thing I wore my lucky pants and how neat it would be if Bug came on Leah's half-birthday.

My pelvic floor has been bothering me for quite some time. I know I've complained about it a few times in here, but the burning sensation and heavy pressure was somewhat new. The good news is that I was dilated to 3cm after an incredibly painful pelvic exam, but the bad news is I had a severe UTI. When I asked on a scale of 1-10 how bad, the nurse told me probably 8-9. Yikes. So I was hooked up to an IV for an antibiotic and stayed overnight for observation. It explained my pelvic pain while trying to get up after sitting down, as well as being unable to walk upright without the burning sensation. As much as I've been drinking water, this baby's head was pressing down on my bladder to keep me from emptying completely, which caused a bacterial back-up. Yay. So I'm going to be on an antibiotic for the next nine days or so. I barely slept, thanks to loud overnight nurses and beeping monitors and hourly blood pressure checks, but my dear husband had no trouble dozing off... that jerk. Not gonna lie, I'm tired of making these trips and coming home empty handed, but I doubt that'll be the case next time. Dr. W checked my cervix before I was discharged and said I'm dilated 6cm on the outside, but 3cm on the inside, so there's still some waiting to do, though not much. Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment