Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas 2018

Happy Holidays!

Christmas came fast this year. We ran out of wrapping paper, forgot to buy a few gifts, and basically weren't completely ready. Oh yeah, we also didn't cook/bake anything nor did Santa get any cookies. I blame the whole New Baby mode as well as cramming in a trip to Louisiana. #NoRagrets

Mom came over this morning to open gifts and hang out. She liked the ornament I ordered for her a while back from Personal Creations, as well as everything else. I miss my dad and Emily and I can't get used to their absences during the holidays. It's hard seeing gifts I'd buy get left on the shelves because it was only for them. I always bought Dad Riesen candy and socks, while Emily received Harley Quinn items. There isn't anyone else who liked those things. But missing them was pushed aside for now. We enjoyed the day, opening gifts, watching Miracle on 34th Street and snacking on bacon.


Once the Christmas magic subsided, the kids were growing feisty, so we walked to the park. Mike and Ashley met up with us and hung out for a bit. We exchanged gifts before they had to head out, but it was nice seeing them. It seems like too much time passes between seeing people these days. Anyway, it was a nice Christmas this year. I'm glad we took our trip and we've got our new baby, nobody was sick with colds, and the weather was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment