Friday, September 13, 2019

Mattress and weight

My current mattress on my bed is a queen-size (on a full-size frame) and it arrived to our first apartment exactly one month before Leah made her debut in 2009. Prior to this bed, we were sharing an air mattress and my very pregnant self was most uncomfortable. During my pregnancy with Cole, I started having back pains that weren't related to the pregnancy, but to feeling springs in my mattress. I woke up sore every morning, only feeling slight relief from sleeping on the sofa or a hotel bed. My pain progressed, giving me anxiety in thinking my kidneys were infected or my gall-bladder was exploding, etc. So, Mom offered to purchase us a new mattress. I met her at Mattress Firm, picked out a firm, full-size, supportive memory foam cloud of comfortable relief and it should be delivered next week. I am beyond excited.

In other news, I started eating better and trying to work out in early July. My goal was to lose 20 pounds by September. Well, for most of July, I did low-impact cardio since my knee is bothered with jumping or running. I was 152 pounds. The heaviest I've ever been without being pregnant. By August, I was 145 pounds. We're now in September and I'm 140 pounds. I haven't worked out since August because of my aforementioned body pains and as much as working out might help my body feel better, it's hard to get it to that point because of the constant soreness. I'm also drinking a ton of water, which I haven't really done in a long time. I'm hoping to be at least 135 or less by November. I imagine if I had been working out this whole time, I'd be at 135 now and not a few weeks from now.

I go to the dentist in about two weeks and need to tell them my crown is bugging the shit out of me. I can't bite down on that side without it feeling like a bruise. However, I can chew soft things and there's no pain otherwise and I don't feel anything that would suggest a crack. I'm thinking my alignment is off or the bite is wrong. Hopefully they can fix it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment