Sunday, September 1, 2019

New Orleans

Yesterday, we had a super lazy morning. We ate breakfast at the hotel and watched TV until my tattoo appointment with Jessie at 2:30. She whipped up a perfect tattoo to memorialize my dad. This was by far the MOST painful tattoo or experience I think I've ever had. Like, no joke, I would rather birth Cole again. However, it was totally worth it. I think Dad would've loved it. I had told him a few years ago that I wanted one like it and he liked the idea. There's no way I'm doing my other foot, though (lol). Eff that.

 

Meanwhile, Zac brought ALL the kids to visit Marie after he dropped Mom off at Karen's so nobody would be bored. After Jessie was finished with me, Zac picked me up and we met Mom and Karen, plus Kylie and her boyfriend, at Smitty's Seafood. Their fried artichoke hearts were fantastic. Jac insisted on a whole crab to masticate, which he claims was worth it, but I disagree. Littlest bug tasted a lemon for the first time and he's the only one of my babies to make a lemon face. He also FINALLY has a tooth! It's only the little ridges peeking through, but it's definitely a tooth.


The kids wanted to swim when we got back to the hotel, but it closed at 9. But, this morning they woke up super early, we ate breakfast, and Zac took the 3 older ones downstairs to the pool so I could let Cole take a nap and pack our things up. It didn't take me too long and The Office was on, so I was able to relax a bit. My foot is super sore, but nothing I can't handle. We checked out and drove to see Mawmaw for a little while. She's got a new cat so the kids were entertained. She and Mom visited for a bit before we needed to head home. And Cole didn't cry this time! Mawmaw was able to snuggle on him for a little while before he wanted me again. We made it home in time to pick up the pups and drop Mom off. I'm not looking forward to sleeping in my own bed because my mattress won't be as comfy as that of the hotel's.

No comments:

Post a Comment