Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Roller Coaster

This morning, I was lying in bed and just waking up, when Zac texted me this photo:


Me: Is that our car??
Zac: Yeah, Lawn mower hit it with a rock. Made a small hole and shattered the glass. On the drive to work the hole turned into... this.

Luckily, the city is going to pay for it so we won't have to. Safelite Glass charged $200 to repair the back window when it was Emily's car and some asshole smashed the window. Apparently, three years is enough time to up the price to nearly $400. Anyway, I'm just glad it's not coming out of our already linty pockets.

I packed the kids in the van, along with their swimsuits, to get Mom and head over to Summit to visit Carlton and Rachel in their new house. They've got a pool and some chickens so the kiddos had a blast. It was nice hanging out with Abbi and Payton, also. Abbi is officially graduated from high school, so she'll be starting college in the fall.


On our way back home, we stopped at Burger King and ordered some lunch/dinner for the kids since they were starving. As I was pulling out the drive-thru, I spotted a tiny turtle crossing the lane and managed to scoop it up and put it in a nearby ditch. Mom thinks I've got mental issues, but if that makes me a better person, I'll take it.

Oh, Zac brought Toby to the vet this afternoon because his breath smells like roadkill. They didn't charge us today since they didn't do anything, but he's got a cleaning appointment for his teeth on Monday. I'm going to see if I can add Ruby and possibly May to that appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment