Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Anniversary 14

Fourteen years ago, Zac and I were 20 and 22 with a baby when we decided to opt for Friday the 13th as a wedding date. We were living with my parents, shared a car, and had no idea where life was going to take us. Here we are, 14 years and four kids later, in the midst of a pandemic, in our own house, and just as much crazy about each other as we were then.

Jena offered to sit with all four of our kiddos (bless her) so Zac and I could have a few hours to ourselves. We aren't eating in restaurants right now, so I whipped up a quick plan for Fernando's take-out and a quick stop at the store to pick out a $5 movie and some drinks. I got lucky and found The Princess Bride. We've got a DVD player in the van, so I put the back row of seats down flat, spread a blanket out, and we picnicked in the Target parking lot. It was probably the most romantic thing we've ever done together and it reminded me of when we were newly dating. Neither of us could hang out at the other's house, so he'd come pick me up in the Blazer and we'd park at Walmart to hang out and listen to music. Sometimes we'd bring cards or a board game and just hang out in the back of the Blazer. It was super nostalgic for both of us. Afterward, we went and walked around Target and bought some candy for the kids and Jena.

No comments:

Post a Comment