Monday, October 26, 2020

Awful Day

So. Today kinda sucked a bunch. I got up at 7:30 and did the usual morning routine. The vet appointment was for 10, so I had Leah get ready and got May and AJ together in a carrier and box and loaded them in the van. Jac stayed home with Elias and Cole. We got to the vet where we needed to go inside and all the receptionists and clients and vets were sans masks *massive eyeroll*. So May got some vaccines and is good for another two years. AJ got one vaccine and goes back next month. They did a fecal test, but there wasn't enough to get a good reading, so while the results were negative, they gave him some meds as a precaution.

I stopped by the thrift shop to donate some items and Jena was in the lane next to mine at the traffic light. That was kinda funny. We briefly caught up before the light turned green. So, I headed home where Cody's litterbox (in my room on carpet) was upside down, so I had to vacuum the litter I couldn't salvage. I pinched my finger between the pieces of the vacuum nozzle, so that was fun. Then I got another finger smashed in my closet doors. Later today, I grated my knuckle on the cheese grater in the sink while getting my dishes loaded in the dishwasher. And then I smashed ANOTHER finger in my lap desk, which made me drop my laptop and break my headphones that were plugged into the jack. Awesome.

On top of that nonsense, I welcomed a surprise visit from the Red Queen and pulled a muscle in my neck. I was practically in tears by 5pm when Zac let me know he was on his way home. What I love about him is how absolutely kind he is to me, his dramatic wife. I told him about my horrible day and he offered to pick me up some takeout and coffee, so I puddled into a ball of emotions. It helped. I felt better. I'm really hoping tomorrow is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment