Friday, December 18, 2020

Biscuit

Leah's hamster, Biscuit, died tonight. Last year she developed torpor from having her cage near the patio door and it was cold outside, so Zac spent half an hour or so warming her by the electric heater until she was back to her regular self. This morning, she was feeling cold, but limp and breathing, so I spent some time trying to warm her up. She seemed sleepy, but was breathing alright and occasionally opened her eyes to look around. I told Leah not to worry and we cleaned the kitchen. After about an hour or so, Leah told me Biscuit hadn't moved and she was feeling worried. So, I checked on her and moved her little house she was under and her little body was stiff and cold. Leah was upset and I gave her some space to grieve, then put Biscuit in the freezer to keep her safe until we could bury her. It sucks. I'm sad for my girl, but just a little relieved as we've got five other pets and four kids, so... You know. She was a sweet hamster, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment