Saturday, January 16, 2021

Dinosaurs and Friends

A few weeks ago, before I deleted my Facebook account, I came across an AD for a dinosaur adventure. It was affordable and in New Orleans, so I bought the ticket and set it up as a field trip. I'm hoping we can do at least ONE fun thing every month, so this is first. Cole LOOOOOVED it! And it really was kinda cool. We rode through a designated trail in a parking lot and listened to an audio about the different types of dinosaurs.


After the dinos, we headed to Gambino's for king cakes. I'm on a gluten-free diet, but they didn't have any gluten free cakes. However, they had pralines, so I had one I didn't need to share. The boys tried petit fours for the first time and were obsessed. We stopped by Reginelli's to grab some pizza, and then met up with Jessie to visit with her for a little while. She and Grahamm are moving closer to where Sean is by the end of the month. She's also getting married! But not until 2023. So cool. The kids played together and my older two decided to eat some clover from in the yard like dummos. Neither had side effects, but I'm sure their brains shrank a little.


After leaving Jessie's, we headed over to Katie's to see them for a little while. I gave her some matching bedding for her boys and had some coffee. The little boys played together and practiced sharing, though none of them were excited about it. Aliza is getting so big! And her little face is so squishy. I'm happy to report I drove home from New Orleans for the first time ever because as long as I lived in Louisiana, I'd never driven to or from the city.


I'm so glad we got to go out there for a little while. These brief visits are truly special. It makes things feel normal for just a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment