Sunday, January 31, 2021

Ears

I've had an ear infection for a week. Maybe longer? I don't know. It's been bothering me for a while, but I chalked it up to referred pain from my post-nasal drip that keeps my throat lightly irritated in the mornings. I managed to get to the doctor and I'm on some antibiotics (and probiotics, and probiotic yogurt) and I'm swallowing horse pills every day. Ten total, twice a day, until Friday. The good news is my ears looked clear, just red on the left side, and I don't have a fever or anything. My throat is just a little red, but doesn't exactly hurt. My anxiety will rise and fall with any twinge because C O V I D. I'm also supposedly getting on Zac's insurance plan in February, but we're waiting on a packet to come in the mail with info. Once that's here, I'm going to look into therapy for grief and anxiety and hopefully find my old self that's buried under this huge pile of emotional mess. I don't really understand why the virus is causing me so much stress when I'm doing my part to socially distance and wear a mask and keep my hands clean. It's almost as though it's opened a door that I didn't know I had.

Zac and I have been looking at RVs and trying to make a decision on what to buy. We both think it'll help my anxiety ease up to do something wild. I'm dabbling in free verse poetry to put my grief somewhere that isn't in my emotional bottle, as well as learning about crystals and essential oils. Just trying to stay focused on things that aren't covid-related. Also, the kids are thriving in school so far. Elias is learning his letters, writing his name, and enjoying school so much, he's asking to do it on the weekends. The big kids are reading more, too.

And that's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment