Friday, January 1, 2021

2021: A year in review 2020

A year in review: 2020.

See also:
2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 and 2009

1. What did you do in 2020 that you'd never done before?
*Experience a pandemic. Have a panic attack.

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for next year?
*I think the only one I kept was weight loss. I lost 20 pounds.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
*Katie had baby Aliza.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
*No.

5. What countries did you visit?
*None... still.

6. What would you like to have in 2021 that you lacked in 2020?
*A normal fucking year.

7. What events from 2020 will remain etched upon your memory?
*Trump is no longer president (yay!), the pandemic, and anxiety is a helluvadrug.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
*I lost weight and got into biking and eating homecooked foods more.

9. What was your biggest failure?
*We didn't buy an RV. I didn't get to go back to school. And I wasn't able to send out birthday cards like I wanted.

10. Did you suffer an illness or injury?
*I had a panic attack that sent me to the ER.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
*Swing set for the kids.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
*Zac got a raise.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
*Jac... he spent most of the year addicted to video games, as well as lying and sneaking video games. We're working on it.

14. Where did most of your money go?
*Barbies... for me. And Christmas... lol.

15. What did you get really excited about?
*I enjoyed the Quarantine Holidays. Those were fun.

16. What song will always remind you of 2020?
*Not sure. I spent most of the year listening to the My Favorite Murder podcast.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
-Happier or sadder?
 Happier, I guess? It was definitely stressful, but things are getting better.
-Thinner or fatter? Thinner!

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
*Traveled. But not to see people, just to see landmarks.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
*Worried. Yelled.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
*We stayed home.

21. Did you fall in love in 2020?
*I fell in love with my weighted blanket from Zac.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
*The Great British Baking Show.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
*The governor of MS, but only because I didn't know what an absolute shit he is.

24. What was the best book you read?
*Hocus Pocus.

25. What was your favorite musical discovery?
*I hadn't really listened to much aside from 90s grunge and podcasts.

26. What did you want and get?
*A weighted blanket. And Barbies for my dollhouse.

27. What did you want and not get?
*Pajamas. An RV? lol.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
*We didn't go to the cinema.

29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
*It was the worst day because my kids were fighting and arguing with me, but Zac and Jena bought me some gifts and I had some time to myself that night. I turned 37.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
*Snow and not a global pandemic.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2020?
*Think 90s grunge/casual.

32. What kept you sane?
*Blogging.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
*Jenna Fisher.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
*The amount of people who refuse/d to wear masks... conspiracy theorists, election day.

35. Who do you miss?
*Everyone.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
*I didn't meet anyone.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2020.
*Don't take hugs for granted.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
*"Oh no. Oh no. Oh no no no no no."

No comments:

Post a Comment