Tuesday, January 1, 2019

2019 - A year in review: 2018

A year in review: 2018

1. What did you do in 2018 that you'd never done before?
*Played in actual fluffy snow. Held a baby alligator.

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for next year?
*I actually didn't make any for 2018. For 2019, I plan to abolish soda and fast food (at least for January and go from there). Oh, and be more active, but not a fitness fanatic.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
*Katie had Jacob, then Kaleena had Savannah, and I had Cole.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
*My dad.

5. What countries did you visit?
*I bought a calendar of Ireland...

6. What would you like to have in 2019 that you lacked in 2018?
*More organization, new paint colors on the walls, a new sofa that hasn't been shredded by asshole cats.

7. What events from 2018 will remain etched upon your memory?
*Dad's death, Cole's birth.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
*Removed toxic people from my life.
*Wore leggings and didn't care how huge my ass looked.

9. What was your biggest failure?
*Letting little things stress me out.

10. Did you suffer an illness or injury?
*Does miscarriage count?

11. What was the best thing you bought?
*Tickets to see Garbage and Backstreet Boys! My inner 15-year-old is screaming.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
*Zac was hired at his new job after much (good) pestering.

13.Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
*See toxic people above.

14. Where did most of your money go?
*Buying a van, Christmas.

15. What did you get really excited about?
*Adding Cole to the family.

16. What song will always remind you of 2018?
*I haven't listened to the radio all year, so I honestly have no idea.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
-Happier or sadder? Slightly happier, e.g. new baby.
-Thinner or fatter? Fatter.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
*Hanging out with Dad. Crocheting, painting, reading. Spending more time with kids.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
*Worrying over little things. Losing patience with the kids. Staying home so much.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
*We went to Louisiana to see friends and some of Zac's family, returning home so late we couldn't bake cookies for Santa or open the Eve gift, and we ate Chinese food that made me sick. Mike and Ashley hung out for a bit and we took a walk to the park.

21. Did you fall in love in 2018?
*With my youngest little boy, yes indeed.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
*Hell's Kitchen and The Great British Baking Show.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
*Hate's a strong word. Let's go with "I've realized we're very different people and are better off going our separate ways".

24.What was the best book you read?
*I didn't read much, though I listened to the Les Miserables audio book (some of it, at least), as well as The Graveyard Book.

25. What was your favorite musical discovery?
*Pandora doesn't offer much change from artists and I don't listen to the radio, but I'm going to give Spotify a chance this year and hope to hear some good stuff.

26. What did you want and get?
*A baby.

27. What did you want and not get?
*Finding out I'm the heir to a rich relative's fortune.
*A French bulldog.
*Less clutter.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
*I'd say Infinity War because I love The Avengers, but omg, I can't.
*Black Panther

29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
*I was hugely pregnant and miserable, so I stayed home. But, Zac cooked me breakfast for dinner and brought home a carrot cake. I turned 35.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
*Less grief, for sure. Being more organized. Less pregnancy-related discomfort.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2018?
*I lived in leggings or pajamas for most of the year. but I'm pretty sure it'd be a 90s era style otherwise.

32. What kept you sane?
*The ears of close friends, Zac, crocheting.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
*Shirley Manson, Amanda Palmer.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
*The border bullshit. I can't begin to understand the trauma those separated families endured and are still enduring.

35. Who did you miss?
*Emily. Always.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
*Baby Jacob, but also Cole, of course.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2018.
*Removing a fake friend makes room for a real one.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
*Amanda Palmer wrote a song called "In My Mind" and it sums up every year, especially when it comes to making New Year's resolutions.

And in my mind
When I'm old I am beautiful
Planting tulips and vegetables
Which I will mindfully watch over
Not like me now
I'm so busy with everything
That I don't look at anything
But I'm sure I'll look when I am older
And it's funny how I imagined
That I could be that person now
But that's not what I want
But that's what I wanted
And I'd be giving up somehow
How strange to see
That I don't wanna be the person that I want to be

No comments:

Post a Comment