Tuesday, January 15, 2019

It's Clean up Time!

To Elias, everything is Something-Time. Wake-up time, reading time, eat time, etc. you get it.

I was watching Hoarders the other night (without distraction) and I decided to clean out my kitchen cabinets and tackle the kids' rooms. I've got some lovely before and after shots of the kitchen and Jac's room (but not Leah and Elias' room because I had gone through their things last month and only cleaned out toys this time). And don't mind the fish tank, it was cleaned after pics.

Note: This cleaning spree began when I walked into the kitchen one morning after being begged by two big kids to let them stay up late if they promised to clean the kitchen and den. I walked into the kitchen the following morning and their definition of clean was not the same as mine. I photographed my kitchen in its "before" state, made notes on what I wanted to put in all the cabinets, then set to rearranging the cabinets and throwing out or donating everything I didn't need/want. It came in handy as I found a box of soup mix that had expired a year ago... I honestly HATE having a lazy Susan cabinet as well as awkward corner cabinets, but I found a random YouTube video on how to organize them and bought some turn tables. It made a huge difference. 


Jac's room was cleaned up when it became his room a few months ago, but "It's just a sock" became "WTF happened" in a short amount of time. I went into his room to check for dirty clothes and snapped.


It's a work in progress. I'm still decluttering and sorting and will probably be doing so for quite some time. For now, I've felt productive and I'm digging the clutter-free zones.

No comments:

Post a Comment