Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Thrush is Gross

I started treating Cole's (and mine now *eye roll*) thrush with coconut oil because gentian violet was nowhere to be found in this area. However, Zac requested Walmart to order some and we've been using it since Sunday. Aside from him having a very purple mouth, he appears to be feeling better. The fussiness has been knocked down a few pegs (which makes me feel like a shitty mom for not thinking he'd be experiencing any type of pain). I can't see the results on his tongue right now, but the patch of thrush I could see prior to the purple is smaller. I'm also taking probiotics for my UTI, which are supposed to also aid in curing thrush. Below, you'll see a before-and-after (after is on top) of said thrush while using coconut oil. It's kinda gross. Wednesday I can stop using the gentian violet if my nipple pain is gone. Fingers crossed it is. While it works great, I hate how easily it stains. Last night, the lid was loose, so of course it was knocked over. Fortunately (and unfortunately) the majority of the spill was soaked up by one of Jac's baby hats instead of the stack of library books. It will never not be purple. Zac has purple hands from trying to hand wash it in our sink over our now-purple dishes. Jac and Leah also have purple on their hands from helping clean it up. Meanwhile, Cole looks like Danny DeVito's Penguin character, except much cuter.

No comments:

Post a Comment