Monday, January 28, 2019

Cole 2 months

Sweetie Squishy Pumpkin is two months old today! He hates baths (right now) and doesn't really like tummy time. He nurses maybe once or twice during the night and takes two "good" naps a day. He smiles and coos and makes sweet little giggle sounds. His feet are mildly ticklish and he gets really excited when he knows he's about to eat. Car rides are unpredictable. Sometimes he'll sleep in his carseat for a few hours, other times he'll be incredibly cranky. He's wearing size 1 diapers and has outgrown ALL the newborn clothes (*sob*) and is now in 3-month.


I brought him to the doctor on Friday and thrush was confirmed, so we're both using Nystatin - oral drops for him, topical cream for me. I had been unable to breastfeed comfortably on my right side because the pain was intense, even when pumping. Zac picked up some formula and I've been supplementing a little to help Cole feel full since he's only feeding on one side right now. The Nystatin is working pretty well for me. It didn't hurt to pump my right side this morning and I was able to nurse without pain this evening, so I'm happy about that. Meanwhile, I haven't seen a big change on Cole's tongue just yet, but we're only a few days in. I was told I should see a change by day five since his case is a little more advanced. He's also 11 pounds now! And so chunky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment