Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2020 - A year in review: 2019

A year in review: 2019.

See also:
2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 and 2009

1. What did you do in 2019 that you'd never done before?
*Grew vegetables in a garden I started from scratch.

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for next year?
*I had pretty good self-control with personal purchases, I think. I definitely was more neat and I definitely removed excess clutter.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
*We aren't very close, but Hilda had Olivia.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
*No, thankfully.

5. What countries did you visit?
*None, still.

6. What would you like to have in 2020 that you lacked in 2019?
*A house that isn't in Pississippi.

7. What events from 2019 will remain etched upon your memory?
*I acted in a play! Also, concerts.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
*A mildly successful garden and making my own candles.

9. What was your biggest failure?
*I almost ruined two friendships.

10. Did you suffer an illness or injury?
*A cold that lasted too long.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
*My laptop.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
*Elias broke his leg, but didn't let that stop him from having fun in Tennessee.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
*My mother... basically.

14. Where did most of your money go?
*Christmas. I'd like to make that not happen next year.

15. What did you get really excited about?
*World of Warcraft: Classic.

16. What song will always remind you of 2019?
*Bad Guy by Billie Eilish... I think I've heard it once a week since the beginning of the year.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
-Happier or sadder? Happier, I think.
-Thinner or fatter? Thinner!

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
*More outdoor stuff. It seems we stayed indoors the majority of the year.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
*Technology.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
*We went to Louisiana to see Zac's family and some friends.

21. Did you fall in love in 2019?
*In love with the theater.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
*Friends forever. But, we started watching Hot Ones on YouTube, if that counts.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
*Not that I know of.

24. What was the best book you read?
*Recursion by Blake Crouch and The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides.

25. What was your favorite musical discovery?
Billie Eilish.

26. What did you want and get?
*A doll house... reveal on that when I get the missing piece and finish putting it together.

27. What did you want and not get?
*A refrigerator. We actually ordered one and they delayed it three times, so we cancelled the order and are planning to get one after our refund. And a French bulldog.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
*John Wick 3.

29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
*We went to Gatlinburg, even though it was after my birthday. I turned 36.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
*Moving would have been cool. Maybe next year.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2019?
*Pretty much 90s grunge.

32. What kept you sane?
*My friends, Zac, whiskey.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
*Shirley Manson forever.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
*The current governor of Pississippi, but on a positive, the impeachment of the "president".

35. Who do you miss?
*My sissy. Always.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
*My cast mates were pretty rad.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2019.
*Be a better friend.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
*Ehh... I really can't think of anything. "Say, what's in this drink?"

No comments:

Post a Comment