Thursday, February 18, 2021

Snow & Rant

So, a cold front swept through and brought some snow. I already hate it. Luckily, it's melting, but it's icy and slippery. I've decided against moving to where there are winters. If I start to wish for snow, I'll look back in this entry and remind myself how much I hate it. However, the kids loved it. Even Cole was saying, "No!" which, based on his excitement rather than contempt, meant "snow". It started snowing Monday and continued through Wednesday. On Monday, the kids played outside and tracked icy footprints throughout the kitchen. It was super cold out and all the noses turned pink. Monday night, Zac and I took a walk together to see the neighborhood and walk the track. It was lovely, but seeing snow is always lovely. I just don't like it when it stays too long. On Tuesday, we decided to bring the kids on a walk. I saw a neighbor pulling a toddler in a laundry basket and decided to do the same. It started off fun, the boys were bundled up and happy, until Cole wanted to get out sans boots and agreed to be carried. The big kids had fun sliding down slopes and touching the frozen duck pond. Then, on Wednesday, Zac and I decided to walk to the grocery (it's about 5 minutes from the house) to pick up a few necessities. Fortunately, we were able to grab some bread and canned foods, but there were no eggs (we picked up a bag of boiled eggs) and no milk, aside from pints. Zac picked up three pints, but when we got to the register, the manager informed us we were only allowed one. It made me wonder about the two women who were shopping after us with a cart full of the remaining 10 or so loaves of bread who complained about the lack of American cheese. Awesome. I hate panic-shoppers. It's a completely selfish way to behave when there are others in need.

Anyway, here are some pics from the ice age.

No comments:

Post a Comment