Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Updates on junk

So. I had called a nurse last week to verify a voicemail about what I could do for my ear since the antibiotics didn't work and she mentioned Mucinex and Vaporub, though didn't specify which one. I called almost every day since then, leaving messages, dealing with ear pain, trying to get at least ONE to call me back. Finally, six days later, I hear back. The Vaporub, is just the chest rub one. Not the nasal spray. The Mucinex is the PE one, and it needs to contain guaifenesin and phenylephrine. I had been using Flonase and while I followed the directions, noticed I would get a sore throat and chest pains about 10 minutes after using it. So, the nurse said stop and to just use Vick's and Mucinex. I went to Walgreens and looked for the PE but couldn't find anything without acetaminophen (also grateful to spell check bc I have no idea how most of these are spelled), but did find a children's sinus relief with the ingredients I needed. Boom. So far I've taken 3 doses and can already tell a difference. I just hope my ear feels better soon. I'm tired of having ailments.

No comments:

Post a Comment