Friday, June 30, 2017

VBS, Bedrooms, and a vent

This week has been busy. The church started Vacation Bible School (VBS) on Monday, so I've been dropping Jac and Leah off and soaking up quality time with Elias at home. I did stay at the church on Tuesday to sit in the nursery with the baby, but it was just the two of us, so the rest of the week was spent at home instead. Zac was sick earlier this week, but he's better now. I don't know what's giving us the pukes this month, but I hope it's all over and done with. Especially when Fussy Baby wants to touch me or be touched by me while he's trying to sleep and I'm crouched on the floor with my arm through the crib bars, freezing to death, holding his hand, only for him to wake up crying when I move an inch or try to sneak away. I couldn't put him in my bed with Sick Husband, so I crawled into his crib with him and slept scrunched up. I'm still having trouble touching my toes without bending my knees this week.

Anyway, the kids LOVE going to VBS. It's all they've been talking about. I didn't enroll them last year because I didn't think they'd enjoy it. Whoops. They've been learning songs and doing crafts and such. It's been nice getting out of the house every day, too. They perform their songs on Sunday night, so I'm looking forward to seeing that. Jac has told me that he's going to sing and do all the motions and not be nervous. It's precious.

Other things: Jac and Leah have been fighting over small things ALL WEEK. Constant annoyance. They've shared a room since Leah was born, then we added Elias. So when we moved to this house, they still wanted to share and leave the third bedroom available as a playroom. It was working out fine, really. Elias would take a nap in the bedroom and they would watch TV or play a video game in the playroom. Peachy Keen. But lately, they've been getting on each others' nerves as well as arguing, hitting, tattling, etc. Rotten things. So I mentioned to them that maybe it's time to split up. They're older, they need space, it'll be good for them, blahblahblah. Jac didn't want to split up, but Leah liked the idea. So, Leah has her own room now with her own TV. Jac and Elias share the other room, complete with Jac having his own desk with his laptop. He usually wakes up at the same time as Elias anyway and can lift him from the crib without hurting himself, so we were all in agreement that this arrangement was best.

Also this week, I found my B&BW employee card in a box... the one that I thought I threw away, so I ordered a replacement and spent all month waiting for it because the first order was sent to the old house in Brandon before I had to call again to order another. Now, I'm trying to figure out how to transfer the funds to my bank account and the website doesn't work that way because none of my current information is on file and talking to the reps over the phone is a chore of its own because English is not their first language (all three I have spoken to have been a real treat). I deleted the email I used in 2011 and Google is not going to recover it, so now I have to call them once again to have them verify my information WHILE I try to log in... so my account is currently locked unless I want to bypass all the "full features". Grr5ever.

It's been a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment