Monday, May 6, 2019

Garden Club

I finally did it. I got my garden started... Well, technically I started it in my window sill about 3 weeks ago, but my seedlings have sprouted and are now in their cozy bed of soil in a homemade garden box, made by the amazing Zac.

Saturday, I took Jac out, just us. We went to PetSmart and were able to play with the cats. Asia was still there. I pet her with Leah last week. I actually called about her last week because her application said "No children under 6". I hate that most of these cats don't get to socialize with children and other pets so their homes are limited. It's not right. Anyway, poor Jac started sneezing, so I felt better about saying "no" to another kitten. At least for now. Maybe if we get a bigger home, but right now, it's not a good time. He had fun though. We went to Target and got caught in a down pour. We walked around and he picked out some candy. I found some pumpkin candles on sale and a harness for Elias. Jac doesn't talk much. Leah and Elias chattered my ears off, but Jac is quiet and thoughtful. It's fascinating how their personalities differ. I wonder how Cole will be when he's older.


Once the rain let up, we headed back home so I could feed the baby. All of us headed to Lowe's for some garden supplies. It took a while picking everything out, but Zac preferred to build one than buy one. Since the kiddos were so patient and nice, we went out for frozen yogurt and a nice lady took a family pic of us.


We got home and started getting everything put together. It took most of the day, so I waited til Sunday to get the sprouts planted. I added a few more seeds of everything and hopefully they grow well. It'll make the blisters and sunburn worth it, ha.
FUN STORY TIME: I took a shower and was getting settled in bed when I felt a bump on my leg, like a crumb or something. NOPE. It was a freaking TICK. I started feeling queasy from the sheer nastiness of the situation, Zac had to come remove it for me. Then, after I was over the grossness, I heard Elias start screaming and he came running to me with blood in his mouth. He confessed to jumping on the sofa and fell off, hitting his mouth on the coffee table. All the teeth were still intact, thankfully. Around the time I was getting his lip iced, Cole had a major diaper blowout with shit all over his belly, back, and legs. What a day! But Zac made some delicious tacos, so things were good again.

No comments:

Post a Comment