Saturday, June 22, 2019

Animals and Swimming

We went with the church group to McClain Lodge and went on a safari tour, feeding animals, similar to Global Wildlife. The kids had so much fun, but OMG it was fucking hot. I had put Cole in the harness, but not even five minutes later, I had to just hold him because I was sweating profusely. We went to their petting zoo on our way back to the main building and THERE WERE BABY PIGS I almost died, they were so cute, but too far away to snatch up and put in my diaper bag. I managed to find delicious coffee: their signature tasted of buttered pecan and caramel. I grabbed some cookies for the kiddos and we headed to Mrs. Rita's for some pool time. Cole slept the ENTIRE time! We had pizza and hung out, but got sunburned a bit. It was a lot of fun. We went to the library after getting back to town and the AC was broken in the library *hysterical laughter*, so we headed home. Zac actually developed a heat rash from holding Cole. He didn't swim, so he wasn't able to cool off much. Oh well. Lesson learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment