Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Things Elias has said

Elias is a funny kid. Like, he makes me laugh all the time because he has a way with words and his brain is so full of ideas and words and imagination.

Just recently, we were eating rice. He's talking to Jac and says, "These are worms, Bub. These are worms."
Me: That's rice, silly, unless you're a bird. Are you a bird?
Elias: No, I'm not a bird, Mom. I don't have any bevvers (feathers), see? Only hands *shows me his hands*.

He came bounding into my room when I called him and jumped onto the bed. I had just eaten a handful of M&Ms from my secret stash.
Elias: Why are you calling me in here? I don't want to go to bed yet. What do you WHAT'S THAT SMELL?
Me: What smell??
Elias: IT SMELLS LIKE CHOCOLATE.
I cracked up.

When he swallows his drink too fast and starts coughing, he sadly tells me "I'm choking, Mom. I don't feel good. I need some fever." Fever is what he calls a thermometer.

Other times, Zac or I or one of the other kids will do something, like pour a cup of coffee or change a light bulb, etc. Mundane things, really, and Elias will be the best cheerleader. "Good job! You did that all by yourself! I'm so proud of you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment