Sunday, October 13, 2019

13 is Lucky

My favorite husband and I have been married a whopping THIRTEEN years! Our (what we call) golden anniversary that honestly doesn't feel like that long ago we said our vows. We had a nice weekend together and got a little more holiday shopping done (mostly for me because everyone but the little boys are done). I'm feeling a little giddy about Christmas and less giddy about Halloween, even though I very much love Halloween. Maybe I just want to wrap the gifts and such. Who knows? Let me back up a bit...


Saturday we went to the outlet mall to walk around because the temperature was actually cold enough for sweaters. FINALLY! I know it's not going to last very long, but this week of chill has been divine. I just want to stay outside and hold a warm mug of anything and inhale the neighbor's chimney smoke from a distance. Now, about Halloween. Many times, I've tried to theme my family for costume ideas. Only once did it workout where we were Jack and Sally with Lock, Shock, and Barrel. I've tried to dress us as the Addams family or Mario Bros, but the kids are rarely interested. This year, we're hoping to participate in the C-Spire costume contest again as *drum roll* Bob's Burgers. The twist is we'll be the opposite gender. So, I'm going to be Bob, Zac will be Linda, Jac will be Tina, Leah will be Gene, Elias will be Louise, and Cole will be a burger or wear a onesie with a burger on it. I spent about $30 for all our shirts, a mustache, and two aprons. Meanwhile every costume in the state is like $40 each, so technically I scored. I brought Leah with me to look for a Louise hat and pick up a few groceries, but didn't have luck with the burger costume or the hat.


Sunday, today, is my 13th anniversary. We woke up surprisingly on time and made it to church. I had to be in the nursery during the service and honestly only enjoyed it because I could hold my baby bear for the duration. He was super snuggly, too. After church, Zac made some beans and rice while the kids played outside on the trampoline. Jac eventually came in and played with Cole while Leah jumped on the trampoline with Elias. After a few minutes, I heard Elias start shouting. Normally, shouting happens when they're playing so I didn't jump up right away. Then, it sounded like crying, but not regular crying. It was very different. So I hurried out there and he was inconsolable. After looking him over, he said his right leg hurt. He couldn't stand on it and didn't want me to touch it. It wasn't swelling or anything, but I decided to be safe and take him to the ER while Zac kept the other three. I signed us in, sat in the waiting area for a few minutes, then headed back to the exam room. Elias' leg was moved around a bit and he answered their questions about falling on his leg after being bounced too high. He was super brave and helpful. An X-ray was done and the image came back inconclusive, but there was a shadow in the area where he was most sensitive. They were going to give him a CT scan, but decided to put him in a splint and told us to go to the other hospital that specializes in pediatric emergencies. My poor Elias is in a splint from his toes to his hip on his right side. He's been very cooperative and calm aside from getting upset during a flare of pain. He just wanted to watch Monsters Inc and go to bed. I've gotta get up early tomorrow morning to bring him to the evaluation. I'm positive it's broken, even though the X-ray wasn't definite. He can't stand and when Zac and I took him to use the potty, he was screaming in pain. Zac's going to stay home with the other kids until I get home so I don't have to take them all with me. It's been quite the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment