Thursday, October 31, 2019

Halloween 2019

Happy Halloween! TBH, I feel like Halloween took forever to get here simultaneously wondering why it was taking so long to leave. Isn't that strange? Must be from all the things we've been doing. I swear Elias is my wishywashy bub with switching costumes so often. Last year, he went from being a hot dog, to Buzz Lightyear, to a skeleton. This year, it was Louise Belcher, a witch, and Chase from Paw Patrol. He exhausts me. Though, the witch costume was mixed in with our laundry and we didn't find it until after we had been trick-or-treating. We had a good night. I can't believe I was pregnant this time last year. The idea of even carrying one more baby makes my uterus cringe. Anyhoo, per our tradition, the Wicked Witch left the kids with a few treats this morning, so they were happy. Elias loves all the magic surrounding the holidays. He's exceptionally excited for Santa to visit.


Fun story! So, we were back on our street heading home when we were at a house about two doors down from ours. Nobody answered, but the house next to them said, "We have candy! You can come over here!" So we did. I headed up to the door last since Zac was pushing Elias in the stroller and Jac and Leah were in a hurry to collect and get home. I walked through an unmistakable spider web. It felt like a lot of webbing, so I brushed what I could off my face and hair and felt creepy. There was even a slight tugging on the choker I was wearing, so I shook my head a bit thinking it was probably the spider. I told my family I might have a spider on me and if they could check me, that'd be cool. Jac looked me over, but didn't see anything. I didn't feel like I was alone, so I wanted to get home. I got the baby out of the harness and handed him to Jac. No spiders. I got the actual harness off me, no spiders. I took off my coat and draped it over the baby gate. No spiders. Then... a sudden sensation on my arm. I looked over and and brushed whatever it was off me, but in slow motion, I saw legs and watched it in horror as it fell to the floor. I screamed. It was gigantic and awful with mandibles the size of chop sticks. My hands were shaking and I completely freaked out. Zac captured it in a baby food jar and only after I took a lava-hot shower and washed the creeps off me was I able to sit and take a picture of the asshole critter. I even looked it up and found it's a garden orb spider, which only makes webs at night. My dumbo kids have named it Gerald.

No comments:

Post a Comment