Saturday, March 26, 2016

Crafts

I've changed my homeschooling curriculum from being overwhelming to more laid back. While I loved using Abeka (aside from the overly religious and old-fashioned subject matter), there was so much work involved that the kids were frustrated, mentally exhausted, and less enthusiastic about learning.

I did some searching and found some free resources online, so they've been less stressed out, more into learning, and we've got more time to do the fun stuff like crafts, art, and enjoying time outside. I don't feel like we're behind if we miss a day or two anymore. I don't feel like we need to double our lessons to catch up. Happy teacher, happy students.

We've been doing more artsy things. I bought a few bird houses from Walmart, so the kiddos painted them, we filled them with seeds, and hung them in the trees outside. I've even had time to paint and draw, even read more than one chapter in my book list. Unfortunately, I've put my crocheting on the back burner for now, but I plan to pick it up again next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment