Sunday, March 10, 2019

Easy like Sunday

After church this morning, Zac and I were stumped for what to eat for brunch. We all missed breakfast, having slept through my alarm, missing Sunday school, and making it just in time for the morning service. Our favorite doughnut shop had just closed for the day (they open at 3am, though!) and remembered we had a gift card to Cracker Barrel. I pumped a bottle this morning for the nursery and managed to pump another while we drove around. Cracker Barrel was an hour wait, so I suggested Fernando's. We requested a booth, which was super cozy because I hate sitting at tables in the middle of the dining area. The TVs are too loud and our Party of Six gets spread out too far. In the booth, we can sit close and actually hear each other. It also makes having a small baby more manageable if he's upset that he's got plain ol' breastmilk while the rest of us have fajitas.


I decided to drive us to the park without telling the kids. They usually don't pay attention to where we're driving if we're headed home, so they were excited to be at the park when we pulled in. I even swung with Cole strapped to my torso and he loved it so much, he was upset with me when I stopped. We took a small walk to the pond behind the park. We hadn't been there since 2016. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous this weekend, so I've been craving the outdoors. Cole is even at a height in the harness where I can discreetly breastfeed conveniently.

No comments:

Post a Comment