Friday, March 1, 2019

Milestones and Fun Stuff

My Jac is growing up so fast. For the past year, his voice started changing from his "little boy" voice, to a croaky, in-between voice, to one that's mildly raspy and deeper. He's also been growing a mustache and outgrowing clothes within a few months, as well as catching up to his five-foot-three mama. We were going to wait until the big THIRTEEN before letting him shave, but decided he could just go for it. He's been nervous about using a razor, so Zac helped him a bit and he'll try it himself next week. It's a little sad for me, watching my first baby grow up so fast, but he's turning out to be a sweet young man.


I gave the kiddos the day off school and took them to the park early enough so it wouldn't be crowded. That's one of the fun parts of homeschooling - empty playgrounds. There was another mom-of-four who was sweet. Her kiddos were each 18 months apart so she was, as she put it "sleep deprived for 7 years". It's funny to think I didn't know how moms could handle more than two kids, that four seemed impossible, but here we are. And honestly, it's not that bad. However, my kids' age spacing may be more helpful than if they were closer in age. I would probably be sleep-deprived as well.


We picked up some ice cream from Bop's before heading back home for a bit. I had planned to take them to Miskelley's Furniture to ride the carousel, but gave my third dollar to the tip jar at Bop's, so we were short. Zac didn't have cash on him at work, so I decided we'd wait and go out later tonight after dinner. Upon arriving at Miskelley's, the lights around the carousel were off, so Zac went in to find out if it was closed and what the operation hours were, but one of the employees ran it one more time just for the kids. He was super kind and it helped end our day happily. Eli's been going through a meltdown phase and tonight he was "so very polite," as he put it.

No comments:

Post a Comment