Saturday, March 2, 2019

Food, Family, Fun

Mom was off this weekend, so she invited us to go to Cock of the Wok for dinner with Carlton and his fam. It was SO crowded! My anxiety was through the roof. But, Cole slept through most of the noise, Elias ate all of his food and even tried (and liked!) turnip greens, Jac and Leah sat with my nephews at a separate table and behaved themselves, and I got to sit next to Payton. He's already outgrown me by a few inches. I managed to get a picture of the younger kids, but Cole started crying and wanted to eat so I forgot to get a pic of the rest of us. Oh well. A family behind us had a gender-reveal cake (pink!) and they offered us some cupcakes, but half our group was outside and we were heading to Baskin Robbins. There were also about four separate birthdays during our visit, so four times the servers came bounding out with a loud song of celebration. Our server kept fussing at them because Cole was asleep, ha. He was a cool guy who could flip two cornbread cakes at once. Elias thought it was absolutely awesome. I had a flashback of when we went there when Jac was a fresh, new baby and I was terrified of breastfeeding in public. I didn't pack formula and expected he'd sleep while we ate, but he woke up screaming and wanted to nurse, but I was scared to feed him and didn't want to go to the bathroom and the couple next to us was glaring, so out of shame, Zac and I left early. It was embarrassing, but if I could go back, I would've fed him right there. It's funny I stopped caring about a flash of boob so much after I had Leah.

No comments:

Post a Comment