Monday, August 13, 2018

Back To School

Preschool, fourth, and seventh grades have started! So far, our first day back in the routine (and Elias' first day ever) went incredibly smooth. I'm hoping it's a good sign for the majority of the year. I've planned out our schedule up until the end of November because I'm not 100% sure when Bug is arriving and will most likely give the kids a week off school so we can get used to having a new baby around... Again.

Zac made me a planner, as well as school-only art books for the big kids. I found an awesome website Sketch Book Skool that offered a drawing-a-day for all the months of the year, so these new art books will be put to good use. I'm hoping it'll encourage some creativity. Elias is starting with a preschool book I bought from Walmart instead of the material from Abeka. He'll finish ten days before Jac and Leah, but can participate with a page a day using his own crayons. He'll be learning colors, shapes, numbers, art, science, some math, letters, and sounds throughout the year, so I'm excited. My main focus is keeping Elias eager to learn. He only took a single prompt to hold a crayon the correct way, and his sticker reward brings a lot of enthusiasm. He's on the right track! Jac is going to be learning Algebra within the next few weeks, so I'm a little nervous about it. I was never good at Algebra, but I'm going to try working some problems with him to see if I can become more confident. Leah is reviewing a lot of what she learned in third grade, but has been super focused.

Here's to a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment