Sunday, August 26, 2018

Half the fun is to plan the plan

Zac made me a planner for school this year, but I've also used it for almost everything else: meals, appointments, trips, etc. The best part about Zac making this for me is I could choose the size, cover, and how it's laid out. Most convenient. I don't think I've been so organized my whole life.


The way I have it laid out is simple. It basically starts off with when I started teaching. The star colors are their colors for the lesson day: J, L, E. When Jac was in public school, red was bad; green was good; yellow was decent; and blue was outstanding. I'm just sticking to red, green, and yellow. You can see my Ladybug hasn't had the best streak, but she's working on it. Zac said I need to just write their initial in the correct color instead of stars, just to avoid confusion. I may do that in September. I also have our dinner for that night, any appointments coming up, etc. The notes to the side are the Drawing-A-Day titles so I don't have to find the saved pictures on my computer. I also have some detailed bits for the appointments. Zac also printed out some note pages for the individual days, which can be found behind the months on most planners. I put recipes there for whatever we're eating that night or grocery lists, or, for September, what to pack for the beach. It's been my most favorite thing ever having it. I had a planner before, but it was boring and I never used it. I think it even "expired" by the time I found it again (lol). There's also an expense sheet at the back of my planner, so I'm keeping up with bills. I'm still using my other budget book, but the main bills are going with expenses.

Next month, I'm hoping our menus will be a little more fun and varied because I'm getting a little sick of lasagna.

No comments:

Post a Comment